There are numerous articles on the internet worth sharing about the value of music and best practices for working with children. Here are a few and growing.....
Lessons and Practicing
- "Effective Approaches for Video Recording in Studio and Practice," Elizabeth Guerriero
- "Getting Kids to Practice Music- Without Tears or Tantrums" by Anastasia Tsioulcas (NPR)
- "Taking Notes at Lessons: Practical Tips for Parents" by Heidi Ehle (SAA)
- "I Love to Practice!" by Joanne Bath (SAA)
- "Practicing Tool: Magic Beads," by Benjamin Hunter Wyatt (SAA)
- "Practice Ideas for Suzuki Students," WikiBooks
- "Three Ways for Children to Try Meditation at Home" by Jillian Pransky (NYTimes)
- "25 Nonviolent Discipline Options," by Pam Kemp (SAA) (a great list of ideas)
- "Top 21 Shinichi Suzuki Quotes"
Value of Music
- "Why Music Matters," by Dennie Wolf (Carnegie Hall)
- "Balancing," by Rebecca Moore, a Suzuki student, sharing the value of music in her busy life (SAA)
- "Positive Psychology and the Suzuki Approach to Talent Education," by Jessica Jenkins Davis (SAA)
- "The Ins and Outs of Progress," by Lamar Blum (SAA)